Posted by Nicolette Richer
Safely and Naturally Prevent and Eliminate Gum Disease by Tony Isaacs for Natural News
Many people believe that the worst things about gum disease are bad breath and the possibility of losing their teeth. However, gum disease can result in far worse problems. For example, people with gum disease are three times more likely to have heart problems and twice as likely to have a stroke compared to people that have healthy gums. Gum disease may also worsen respiratory problems such as chronic bronchitis, and most recently has even been linked to a higher risk for cancer.
The main culprits for gum disease are failure to regularly practice good oral hygiene as well as foods that contain lots of sugar and processed foods. Good oral hygiene includes regular brushing with a fluoride free toothpaste or cleanser and regular flossing. Besides brushing and flossing, regular use of a water irrigator to clean the teeth and gums and stimulate blood flow is also highly recommended.
When it comes to diet and nutrition, your best defense begins with eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and fewer processed foods. Fruits and vegetables promote a healthy alkaline environment in the mouth. They are also high in fiber which can help clean the mouth. In addition to healthy diets, a good whole foods-derived multi-vitamin can also help promote better dental health. Vitamin C, calcium and magnesium are all especially important for healthy teeth and gums.
If you do have gum disease, the following suggestions may help you quickly and safely eliminate the disease and restore your gums and teeth to better health:
- 1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a good natural toothpaste or tooth powder that does not contain fluoride. Every time you brush, place a few drops of either neem oil or tea tree oil on your toothbrush. Neem and tea tree are antiseptic and effective against bacteria in the gums and mouth. Both have also proven to be very effective at conquering gum disease.
- 2. You can keep your toothbrush clean by soaking it in a capful of hydrogen peroxide once a week. This is more than sufficient to kill the bacteria that normally accumulate in the brush.
- 3. Swish you mouth with colloidal silver a few times each day. Colloidal silver is an extremely powerful pathogen destroyer.
- 4. Do NOT use regular toothpaste. Most of it has fluoride which clearly is a poison and not intended for human use. Instead use a mixture of six parts of baking soda to one part of Real Salt or Sea Salt. Place them in a blender and mix for 30 seconds then place in a container to use. Wet the tip of your index finger and place a SMALL amount of the salt and soda mixture on the gums. Starting with the upper outside gums and then the inside of the upper, followed by the lower outside of the gums then the lower inside. Spit out the excess. After 10 minutes rinse your mouth. This mixture is incredibly effective at killing the bacteria and parasites that cause plaque.
- 5. Make yourself an herbal mouth wash/rinse. The herbs goldenseal, myrrh, and calendula have all been used for hundreds of years for dental health. Combine 30 drops of the essential oil form of each in a small brown bottle. Store the tincture in a cool, dark place away from children and use as follows: – Ideally, you should use a water irrigator with a tip that reaches below the gum line so that you can irrigate the areas between your teeth and gums where bacteria accumulate. – Add 1/4 teaspoon of the herbal mixture to the reservoir of the water jet. For even better results, you can also add a few drops of neem oil or tea tree oil and plenty of colloidal silver. After brushing, spray around and between each tooth for 5 seconds. – If you do not have an irrigator then swish the mixture in your mouth for 30 seconds, then spit out.
While any of the above suggestions will likely help your gums by themselves, using all of the suggestions in combination will almost assuredly be more than a match for gum disease. It is very important to improve periodontal health. Some dentist will even take a sample from your mouth and show you with a microscope the incredible difference prior to and after using this program and how it radically reduces the bacterial concentration in your gums. And healthy gums means less dental decay, a healthier body and less dental bills.
For a list of dentists who practice holistic dentistry, contact The Holistic Dental Association http://www.holisticdental.org/findholisticdentist